Based on our “How Social is Your State DMO?” platform, we have compiled the first rankings for the state of Michigan.
All 48 Convention and Visitors Bureaus in the state were evaluated and ranked. One key item to conducting an accurate measurement is the window of time window which the evaluation takes place. We are working hard to improve efficiencies and have ranked this group in a 10-day period, compared to the 21-day period of the first state DMO study. The future goal will be to complete the measurement in 3-days or less to be sure it is as accurate as possible.
As far as the Michigan rankings go, here are a few highlights:
- Grand Rapids – www.visitgrandrapids.org – has secured the number one spot, edging Detroit – www.visitdetroit.com - by 9 points.
- The Upper Pennisula – www.uptravel.com – has significant traction in terms of Facebook presence, soaring above all other state destinations.
- Grand Rapids - www.visitgrandrapids.org – and Lansing – www.lansing.org – lead the way on Twitter.
- Grand Rapids – www.vsitgrandrapids.org – and the Upper Pennisula – www.uptravel.com - both scored well on Flickr.
- Detroit – www.visitdetroit.com – has a commanding lead in YouTube videos.
- Sault Ste. Marie – www.saultstemarie.com – and Grand Rapids – www.visitgrandrapids.org - scored the highest in terms of blog presence.
To view the entire “How Social is Your Michigan DMO?” study and rankings, visit this link - http://budurl.com/HowSocialMIDMO .
UPDATE-8/19: The rankings for the Ann Arbor CVB were modified to recognize their blog presence through their news feed and updates section. We have acknowledged this information as adequate content with other organizations and want to remain consistent in this set of rankings.