Martin Stoll of the GoSeeTravel Network gave us an excellent overview of Social Media. Here are a few bullets:
- Social media is huge - 175,000 new blogs; 50,000 YouTube uploads; 400,000 Flickr photos; and 100,000 new profiles on Facebook – each day.
- Online and social networking is all about choice.
- Don’t be brand jacked, register your profile and brand on YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, etc.
- Learn Twitter now. Principle for social media go beyond each outlet. Twitter is a good application to enter the social media marketplace.
- Check out a “Tweet Up” – it’s a meeting of Twitter users in your local area.
- Be confident in your destination. Provide the venue for your consumers to discuss their travel experiences and use that to help you market through social media.
- Use Tweetburner to track links on Twitter and TwitPics to upload images via Twitter.
The afternoon will be a scramble, as I will be delivering two presentations. Check out Bill Geist's blog for more updates from today.