I think we can all relate to wanting to sell a dream. Whether it's your destination or business, you can sell your dream. Here are a few tips from Tom on how to begin doing that:
- Brands need content and people want a reason to follow the brand. Offer them content!
- Find out what the brand managers want and discuss what will be in it for them.
- Pick your partner wisely.
- You need a media partner.
- Things go wrong. A lot. You have to be able to go with the flow.
- Consider micro-sponsorships and create "section" sponsors.
- Make sure you have content integration. Show your sponsor products in pictures, videos, etc.
- Sometimes it's not just about social media - social media is just a bridge to an offline engagement.
- Decide who matters most and put that person at your negotiation table.
Basically you need to get them to "dream a little dream"....your dream!
To hear more from Tom follow him on Twitter: @tommartin