Here are the official “How Social is Your DMO? – Canadian Province/Territory Edition, Q1 2012” rankings. From what we know, this is the first time anyone has evaluated and ranked all 13 provinces/territories in terms of their web and social media prowess.
To view the rankings, visit this link – “How Social Is Your Canadian DMO?”
Congrats to the top 5 (in order): 1) Alberta; 2) British Columbia; 3) Nova Scotia; 4) Newfoundland/Labrador and 5) Ontario.
In the initial rankings, Alberta just edged British Columbia by two points to claim the number one spot in our weighted ranking scale.
A few items of note:
- Quebec has quite a reach when it comes to links back to the official tourism web site - which represents significant online sharing.
- Alberta was the leader in Facebook. They were also locked up with British Columbia for the number one spot in Twitter.
- Ontario has the best Flickr presence.
- Ontario and New Brunswick lead the way in geolocation.
- Alberta was the leader in YouTube.
- Saskatchewan had the biggest impact in the area of blogging.
Please see the full report for more details and share your comments via this post or engage in the conversation on the Think! Social Media Facebook Page – www.facebook.com/thinksocialmedia